Sunday, August 16, 2015

Weather, Wandering Cats & Wheels

Originally posted November 26, 2012
Hoorah! We survived the hurricane, as did my parents!  Thanks to them for bringing shitty weather..... you may think that’s harsh, but the fact they went away at the weekend down to the West Country in the UK and it had torrential rain makes it clear that it’s them and no “act of God”!

Of course the bad weather played havoc with their trip, we spent Monday & Tuesday virtually cocooned inside seeing if the power would go out.... it didn’t - be thankful for the derecho that hit us in June and made the power companies improve all the networks here.  

Dad even got to check out a Home Depot - managed to stop the saddo comparing bricks and composition of sandbags though.  Seems it wasn’t enough to keep him “retired” as I’m informed he’s gone back for a week or 2 of consultancy work.  At least that’s what I’ve been told, I think it’s more to pay off the latest holiday vacation.  Overall I think it was a good visit, not quite what we had planned of course on many levels, but they got to see Ryan for the 1st time in 10 months and a lot has happened in that time.

What else is new? Oh, some bastards went round the neighborhood on Saturday and slashed tires.  At least 75-100 vehicles were affected, we were among them.  The best I can say is that our “puncture” warning light works fine on the car, but I didn’t really want to spend $400 to find that out.  I hope the shit(s) get caught before they consider it a good idea to repeat, I know I won’t be alone in administering some “street justice” if I encounter them.  Given we’ve had stuff nicked from our doorstep recently, this region is becoming a “security” issue... n

Jet escaped!  Big news.... she decided to go on a day trip last week.  Later evidence proved she snuck out the front door when Jessica was posting a rude message about the thieving scum.  I only noticed Jet was missing when I returned about 3 hours later, having searched I collected Jessica and we did a search outside.  Finally I suggested she check upstairs in the apartments..... and up popped Jet.... sitting morosely right on the top level.  Dumb cat.

She was pleased with herself, less so than Poof who gave her a slap for being dopey.  But at least she’s back and ok.

Hmm, oh yeah... we had Thanksgiving of course, the food turned out well, decent Turkey, Ham and even the potatoes worked nicely.  This year I didn’t have to work until the Friday night, I think it’s a shame that corporate greed makes the holiday worthless for a lot of people.  Yes, I know “if you don’t like it, don’t work there” etc etc, but that’s a short-sighted view and symptomatic of the things many countries are getting wrong imo.  Today’s society needs to take a long look at what our legacy will be.

More progress to be reported on soon hopefully, maybe even before Christmas... We’ll be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment