Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ghosts, Grizzlies & Getting up

Originally posted June 20, 2013
Well it’s not quite a 9 week gap, but we have a good excuse this time.... honestly we do.  We are now officially a full-time working family.

That’s right, finally after 3 1/2 years a company took a chance on employing me FT, ok it’s via an agency and technically I could be let go tomorrow.... but part of the reason for my successful application was my willingness to commit to a long-term stay.  Which I consider a good sign for a long stay. It’s for Booz Allen Hamilton, so basically I’m doing the same job as Jessica just for a bigger & better company.  Early days so far, but I’m settling in nicely and it seems a good set-up, so now we get up, drop Ryan off at day care and work hard, and get to spend evenings & weekends as a family. 

Ryan is proving quite a master at adding new words to his vocabulary, his current new favorite word is “Ghost”, and he draws them as well.  They have arms & legs.... I think he “sees dead people”..... which would explain the many disrupted nights where he either refuses to go to bed, or launches into a crying fit - one time we found him huddled under his bed cover!!!!! - this leads to him often either spending time staying up with me, or jumping in the bed with Mommy and leaving Dad the sofa..... wonderful!  Dad gets his revenge by telling him he’s a “baby” and is met with “Not a baby, I Boo!”, he’s also talking about a “Yellow School Bus” and “White Bus”.  These can be added to “airplane” as part of the many sights on the way to & fro from daycare.

Jessica still has to upload the birthday photos, but she may try to blame their absence on this Mac... which is apparently showing it’s age (she’s a fine one to talk).  Anyway, we shall see what Santa brings..... in 2015!

Assuming this doesn’t drop down, maybe another update will follow shortly.

Have fun
JJ& R.

No comments:

Post a Comment