Sunday, August 16, 2015

Settling in, getting out

Originally posted July 7, 2011
Settling in
We are all loving the new home. It’s much more spacious and modern and all over works better for our family.
We’ve even hosted our first party for the 4th of July.
I’ve also stolen a tradition from James and his friends in England and instituted “get together Wednesday”. Which basically means Jen comes over every Wednesday.

As for my new job... well it’s tough. It’s the hardest job I’ve ever had. A lot more responsibility and work and sometimes it feels overwhelming but as I get the hang of it, it gets easier. My group is down an employee which hasn’t helped the work load. But after a ton of search, they’ve finally hired someone who starts in a couple weeks so that should see some work being taken off my plate. Whew!

Getting out
We’re enjoying the part of town we live in now very much. While we live in Herndon, we’re so close to the Loudon line that we end up there quite a bit. The feel in this area is so different from Falls Church. Make no mistake, I LOVED Falls Church. But Herndon is obviously much nicer. Everything in this area is much more new and suburban. And of course my commute is just minutes, even during rush hour traffic.

Ryan did a photo shoot with an amazingly talented photographer this past weekend and we’re very impressed with what we’ve seen so far (check them out here:http://bmwphotographyblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/little-ryan-reston-va.html). We’ll receive all the pictures in a few weeks and will definitely post those for everyone to see.

The pictures were done at Reston Town Center. Brinn (the photographer) suggested an “city” feel to it and scouted out the location in advance. Wow, was she spot on with suggesting that location! I nearly cried when she posted the sneak peaks to her blog.

This weekend we’ll be going to Richmond to visit my friend Gisela & her family and then on to Providence Forge to visit my Aunt Marie, Dad & Connie.

Until next time...
-Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment