Sunday, August 16, 2015

Boo bundle part II

Originally posted January 4, 2012
Cont’d from the previous entry (go read that if you’ve come here 1st!).

Making it to my parents house, we quickly ordered up some Chinese, Crispy Duck - YUM! YUM!  caught up with them on the details of the flight and very quickly decided an early night was in order.... Ryan disagreed with that.....

My parents had been very kindly loaned a crib, some toys and other such “booster items”, Ryan didn’t like his crib.  It really didn’t help that my parents like to live in a turkish steam bath!  Nevertheless, the sleeping arrangements needed tweaking.  Jessica ended up spending the whole week with Ryan in the bed, and they spent a lot of time fighting over the space (now he knows how I feel with the bed hogger!) I ended up with a pokey little bed, that often saw me sticking my feet off the end of it.  We survived, but like most vacations, our first night back in our own bed was a very good night’s rest!

Thursday saw us begin our wombles to meet & greet friends, over the next few days we met up with family, former work colleagues, former neighbours, friends & even a 7 day old baby (Congrats to Flaggie & Alison) We did try & pawn Ryan off on them all, but there was no takers!  I suspect Oliver was shocked that Ryan was less inclined to sit and listen to music rather than push cars around aimlessly.

We also offered a warning to Matt (Flaggie) & Alison that in 18 months, this is what they had to look forward to, this being Ryan going to a cupboard, finding chocolate biscuits and demanding the tin be opened!

We got in the obligatory Waggamama visit as well, and also squeezed in a trip to Anfield on Boxing Day, where Jessica learnt that a 120 year old stadium built in the middle of a residential area wouldn’t quite be as roomy as even the dilapidated RFK stadium!  As for the game, both teams showed why they’re in the positions they occupy in the league.  Though Blackburn did beat the scum a few days later (YESSSSSSSSSSS!)

As for Christmas day Ryan did well, so well in fact that we needed another suitcase to transport everything back - thanks to my parents heeding my request not to go bloody manic with the presents........Adults these days, they just don’t listen!

All too soon our week was up & it was time to return, the flight back was uneventful, though Ryan insisted on wiggling around a lot of the time, he did enjoy being held up so he could look back down the aircraft though.

We’re really not sure when we’ll be able to return, so we’d like to say thanks to everyone who made time for us, we did appreciate seeing you all and giving you the chance to meet Ryan.  Big thanks to my parents for putting us up & especially my Dad for cooking proper bacon sandwiches every day ( I needed that cos USA Bacon ain’t meat, it’s just lumps of fat with some substance holding it together!)

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some adventure, or some comedy moment. All I know is I enjoyed driving on the proper side of the road, with roundabouts (ah, minimal traffic lights buggering up traffic flow!) and having a vehicle that does 45mpg, and accelerates/handles like a car rather than a tugboat!  Plus no accidents, so that’s a bonus in any language.

Till more news in 2012, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment