Sunday, August 16, 2015

Candle shortage in VA

Originally posted May 22, 2012
Wow, has it really been 6 weeks since the last entry?  Indeed it has, apologies for the long gap it’s not that nothing has been going on, more that we’ve all piled in our birthdays into a 12 day span so there’s lots to tell you.

Ryan turned 2!  Yay!  Where did that time go???  This year we decided that he’d have a Cars theme party  held at Clemyjontri Park in McLean.  The weather was excellent, not excessively hot but dry in spite of worrying forecasts.

Jessica set off with Jen early and made it clear I had really only 2 responsibilities.... bring Ryan and the cake.  Well, 1 out of 2 is good enough isn’t it?  I did remember the guest of honor so I’m not that stupid am I?

D’oh factor maxxed out when I arrived with the birthday boy and was told to get everything out of the car, when I told  Jessica “I haven’t got that much, Ryan is holding just about all I bought, I did forget the cans for us though, sorry”.  I wasn’t expecting the “You did bring the cake though right?”.  “Ah.... what a ****!”. 

The worst part was as I drove away from the house (with 3 bags of rubbish might I add - that’s the reason I didn’t go to the fridge and I’m sticking to it!) I had a feeling I’d forgotten something, I looked down and said “Oh, it’s the cans I said I’d bring, oh well I can’t be bothered to go back in”.  Had I done so I’d have seen the cake.

Major Daddy Fail!

The net result was I missed most of the party (it’s 20 miles each way) and barely saw Dennis, Connie & Marie who’d made the trek up from Richmond.  Maggie & Fiona the probie left soon after as well so I failed at meeting up with the family!

Anyway, enough about my dumbness, Ryan had a great time.  Everyone was great with the presents, and WE EVEN GOT A VISIT FROM TONYA..... who surprised us all at about 7.30 just as we were packing up to leave.  Ryan was a tired boy, but did love all his new CARS stuff, and the very large “2” balloons that are still inflated in our place.

It was good to see Ryan playing with some of the older kids, he definitely enjoyed his day.

Finally, Jessica managed to pull off her great mysterious game. Hiding the fact that Boo2 is going to be a ............

Boy!

Roll on August!
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Candle Shortage in VA
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment