Sunday, August 16, 2015

New appreciation for my SAHD.

Originally posted February 25, 2011.

I took the week off to spend time with my family before I start the new job. Spending a whole week with Ryan made me realize how tough it is chasing after him all day.

I definitely did not appreciate what James does... While I am working in an office, he’s working from home and taking care of Ryan full time. It’s no wonder he would occasionally call me asking how soon I’d be coming home.

And as Ryan grows the more he needs entertaining. Take your eyes off him for a moment and he’s in the kitchen eating some microscopic piece of food you didn’t even notice was on the floor.

We took him to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum this week and even though he’s too young to really know what he’s looking at, he thoroughly enjoyed the day out.

This museum is next to Dulles airport and they have an observation tower where you can watch airplanes land and take off. Since it is so close to the airport, the planes fly pretty close to this observation tower.

Nothing was cuter than Ryan seeing a plane coming in for a landing and reaching out to grab it!  I have a feeling this is a museum we’ll visit again.

As this week comes to a close and I face going back to work, I’m going to miss being at home with my family but as my Aunt Maggie once said (compared to being at home with a baby) “work will feel like a day spa”.

I love my son more than anything in the world but I easily recognize that my husband handles the job of stay at home parent so much better than I’d ever be able to.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment