Sunday, August 16, 2015

Snot, Senility & Spanish

Originally posted March 9, 2012
Greetings everyone, a mixed bag today with not much of any relevance having occurred. (Apart from Liverpool proving they’re the “Germany” of penalty shoot outs that is!).

Ryan has crossed another achievement off his ‘to-do’ list, not talking, nope, this was having a bad cold.  Which he kindly shared with Jessica & myself.  Only I could take Robotussin though, so I got off lightly... the other two.... well let’s say they were able to develop jet-streams of snot...which was ‘nice’.  To be fair to Ryan, when he gets a temperature he tends to sleep for a long time, take a little fever reducer and bounce back to full health inside 24 hours, not this time. We knew he was bad when he began turning down cookies. He didn’t eat or drink much at all and had a nasty cough.  Fortunately he now seems past it all and is back on the cookies full bore again!.

Just a quick mention to Jet, she turns 7 today.  So the picture is of her for that reason Rarely have you met such a dopey cat, completely un-athletic, skinny as anything yet eats like a horse.  She also loves to snuggle, regularly pushing her way into the bed and leaving us - me usually- about 10% of the space I once had. She does appear to be showing her age though, not quite as responsive to the rattling of treat bags, or any bags in fact, and possibly going a little mental-probably caused by Ryan bopping her a few times..... Happy Birthday you nutter!  Ryan sends hugs!

This story may bring a smile to your face, at work on Monday, I was on the service desk when an Indian lady came by to return some goods. Important note : She spoke very good, clear English - not the sort you get when you phone technical support! - Due to yet more computer monkey stupidity - they appear to have forgotten 2012 was a leap year- we have to mess about with receipts from each day.  I was explaining this situation to her when she randomly blurted out “I don’t speak Spanish”.... I thought, “That’s good, because I don’t either”  but continued anyway. 

She then stops me and says “I’m sorry, I don’t speak Spanish, you may converse with me in English”......... cue a moment of stunned silence before I said “Okay”..... and went on in exactly the same manner as before.  She left perfectly happy, and seemingly impressed at my ability to switch seamlessly between languages!  Perhaps I need to revise my resume!

I’ve met some ‘interesting’ customers throughout the years, I sense this story will be on my list for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment