Sunday, August 16, 2015

Oooh, Shiny!

Originally posted December 7, 2013
Ok, I know it’s been nearly 8 weeks since we last updated, but this is a biggie!  We moved!  Yes that’s right, having lived in the same house for my last 8 years in UK, I’m now on my 4th address in 4 years here.  Sigh. I guess Yanks have itchy feet, might explain why they invade every country possible!

We're now in a location in Potomac Falls (actually Sterling, but snobbery over-rules honesty).  To be fair, we got a super nice place, it’s a 4 bedroom town house for a rent that’s actually lower than the apartments wanted and we’re locked in for 3 years.  The bonus of this is it will get Ryan into the Loudon school system which has good reviews and should be good for him.

Speaking of Ryan, oh he can speak now... oh yes he can.  The cheeky little sod.  Favorite phrase is “Stop nagging me Mommy” (not encouraged by me, not at all - I’m too busy laughing). Less popular with me is the “No, you stop it” whenever I tell him something.   Gets it from his mother obviously. 

He’s working on our names... Jessa, Honey & Booster - but he does know he’s actually Ryan before I get grief from my parents.  He’s going to be moving schools at the end of the year as we have a pre-school virtually opposite us and that will enable him to get settled prior to actual school, some of his friends may be missed, some less so. But I think we’ll catch up with them in a few years when they pop up on America’s Most Wanted.

We’re getting ready for Xmas of course, the tree is dominating the room and has already been attacked by Poof.  He’s not the most badly behaved cat, that honor is reserved for Jet who’s decided not to use the litter box on a regular basis.  We’re not happy, at this rate I think the odds on a foot/cat’s ass collision are rapidly shrinking.

The move actually went pretty well, fortunately we were able to get an overlap on the leases, so we moved a lot of stuff over, then did the full move and spent the next week clearing up & throwing out.  Jessica was struggling to think of a way to dodge the work - having already used the “I give birth in 4 days” card - she was low on options as it was quite a quick decision, so she played it safe by installing a virus.  This led to simultaneous data dumping from alternate external ports and an eventual shut down in the debris of the bathroom.  Husband tried to be sympathetic, but was more concerned with the additional memory drain he’d just inherited.  The good news is that full working order was restored just as the work was complete, I know you all share my joy that was the case & I’m truly glad it wasn’t as much of a shambles as the Obamacare website :)

We’ll see what we can come up with prior to Xmas, but in the event of nothing happening, we hope you all have a great time & a very happy New Year!
J,J & R.

No comments:

Post a Comment